Easy Fried Chicken
This oven-fried chicken is the perfect dish to prepare in advance and take on a picnic because it tastes just as good cold as it does warm. It's been a family favorite for years.
-Sharon Crider, Junction City, Kansas
4 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 50 min.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 2/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3 to 4 pounds), cut up
- In a shallow bowl, combine the flour, salt, paprika and pepper. In
- another shallow bowl, beat the eggs and milk. In a third bowl,
- combine the Parmesan cheese and bread crumbs. Coat chicken pieces
- with flour mixture, dip in egg mixture, then roll in crumb mixture.
- Place in a well-greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at
- 400° for 50-55 minutes or until chicken juices run clear. Yield:
- 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 627 calories, 29 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 250 mg cholesterol, 1,657 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 55 g protein.