- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup water
- 1 package (3 ounces) strawberry gelatin
- 4 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- Fresh mint, optional
- Line unpricked pastry shell with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Bake at 450° for 8 minutes. Remove foil; bake 5 minutes longer. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a small saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch and water until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in gelatin until dissolved. Refrigerate for 15-20 minutes or until slightly cooled.
- Meanwhile, arrange strawberries in the crust. Pour gelatin mixture over berries. Refrigerate until set. Garnish with mint if desired. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Easy Fresh Strawberry Pie
"Use only 1/4 cup sugar! Trust me, the jello packet provides plenty of sweetness so the 3/4 cup is not necessary. It came out perfect this way."
"I made this as directed. Next time, here's what I would do differently because the topping is only on the top! Make more topping, when cooled, stir in the strawberries to the topping. THEN pour the strawberry mixture into the baked crust. That way the strawberries have more moisture & adds to the taste."
"Very simple and tasty recipe. My daughter loved it. I made it with sugar free jello and topped with cool whip."
"Didn't love it... Will continue the search for the "perfect strawberry pie""