Easy Freezer Pickles Recipe
Relates Lucile Johnson of Red Oak, Iowa, "These crisp, no-cook pickle slices are so simple to fix."
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. + freezing YIELD:48 servings
- 8 pounds cucumbers, thinly sliced
- 1 cup thinly sliced onion
- 3 tablespoons salt
- 4 cups sugar
- 2 cups white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon mustard seed
- 1. In a large container, combine cucumbers, onion and salt. Let stand for 3 hours, stirring occasionally.
- 2. In a bowl, combine the remaining ingredients; let stand for 2-3 hours, stirring often.
- 3. Drain and rinse the cucumber mixture; add sugar mixture and stir well. Pack into 1-pt. freezer containers, leaving 1-in. headspace. Cover and freeze for up to 6 weeks. Thaw before serving. Yield: 6 pints.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC