- 8 pounds cucumbers, thinly sliced
- 1 cup thinly sliced onion
- 3 tablespoons salt
- 4 cups sugar
- 2 cups white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon mustard seed
- In a large container, combine cucumbers, onion and salt. Let stand for 3 hours, stirring occasionally.
- In a bowl, combine the remaining ingredients; let stand for 2-3 hours, stirring often.
- Drain and rinse the cucumber mixture; add sugar mixture and stir well. Pack into 1-pt. freezer containers, leaving 1-in. headspace. Cover and freeze for up to 6 weeks. Thaw before serving. Yield: 6 pints.
Reviews for Easy Freezer Pickles
"These are just so good I had to make two batches. I added some coriander and sweet peppers from the garden. Well worth the effort."
"Love these! I made a batch last weekend, and I'm making another. Quick and easy."
"Nice taste and super easy to make. And I am no cook by any measure. I even screwed up these simple directions but still came out tasty. Ate a quart the first night."
"My family LOVES these pickles!"
"I used to make Bread n Butter Pickles the old fashioned way. This is so much easier and they taste the same if not better! Very crunchy and flavorful. I will def make again."
"These pickles are crisp and delicious! I like the flavor of the turmeric and onions."