Easy Fettuccine Alfredo
My 9-year old son earned his cooking merit badge in Cub scouts by making this tasty dish.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 4 ounces uncooked fettuccine
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened and cubed
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- White pepper, optional
- Cook pasta according to package directions. In a saucepan, heat milk
- and butter until butter is melted. Stir in cream cheese and heat
- until melted. Add Parmesan cheese and pepper if desired; cook and
- stir until blended and heated through. Drain pasta and transfer to a
- serving bowl. Pour sauce over fettuccine; toss to coat. Yield: 2
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 624 calories, 44 g fat (27 g saturated fat), 123 mg cholesterol, 639 mg sodium, 43 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 18 g protein.