- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 8 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- 1 cup (8 ounces) plain yogurt or sour cream
- 1 cup salsa
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- Shredded lettuce and chopped tomatoes, optional
- In a small bowl, combine chicken and cream cheese. Spoon about 1/4 cup chicken mixture down the center of each tortilla; roll up tightly. Place seam side down in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- In a small bowl, combine yogurt and salsa; spread over tortillas. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese and olives. Bake 10-15 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Serve with lettuce and tomatoes if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a sweet white wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Seven Daughters Moscato, sweet floral aromas of peach and honey. Buy now and get 4 bottles for $49.99. Order Now
Reviews for Easy Enchiladas
Sort By :
Didn't think we would enjoy it but I was surprised they were yum-o and very simple to make... Enjoy!!!
Great recipe - BUT - I did add to it...When mixing cream cheese and chicken I also added a can of diced chilies and also a small can of black olives.. As for the chicken - I used the ready-cooked chicken (southwest flavored) strips ( the ones that come in a bag) and diced them - was fast easy and convenient. A nice quick and easy Mexican "fix" I also poured a little green enchilada sauce on top before adding cheese.
I didn't think that I would like these because they seemed too simple, but they were very delicious and the whole family declared it a keeper! I like it because it is such an uncomplicated recipe. I will be making this again!!!
Very good. My husband thought it was too rich with the cream cheese, but I loved it. It was even better for leftovers. I definitely plan to make again just so I can take it for lunch all week.
I substituted half of the cream cheese with cottage cheese that I creamed in the food processor.