- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 8 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- 1 cup (8 ounces) plain yogurt or sour cream
- 1 cup salsa
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- Shredded lettuce and chopped tomatoes, optional
- In a small bowl, combine chicken and cream cheese. Spoon about 1/4 cup chicken mixture down the center of each tortilla; roll up tightly. Place seam side down in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- In a small bowl, combine yogurt and salsa; spread over tortillas. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese and olives. Bake 10-15 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Serve with lettuce and tomatoes if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Easy Enchiladas
"Didn't think we would enjoy it but I was surprised they were yum-o and very simple to make... Enjoy!!!"
"Great recipe - BUT - I did add to it...When mixing cream cheese and chicken I also added a can of diced chilies and also a small can of black olives.. As for the chicken - I used the ready-cooked chicken (southwest flavored) strips ( the ones that come in a bag) and diced them - was fast easy and convenient. A nice quick and easy Mexican "fix" I also poured a little green enchilada sauce on top before adding cheese."
"I didn't think that I would like these because they seemed too simple, but they were very delicious and the whole family declared it a keeper! I like it because it is such an uncomplicated recipe. I will be making this again!!!"
"Very good. My husband thought it was too rich with the cream cheese, but I loved it. It was even better for leftovers. I definitely plan to make again just so I can take it for lunch all week."
"I substituted half of the cream cheese with cottage cheese that I creamed in the food processor."
"I loved these. I have been searching for a good chicken enchilada recipe for a long time. I didn't think there was enough of the salsa and sour cream mixture though. Next time I will make a little more so the enchiladas aren't as dry and they have a little more flavor."
"I wasn't really impressed with this recipe. We love cream cheese, sour cream and cheddar. It was kind of bland to me."
"Excellent taste and easy to make. Will also now try it with hamber,"
"family favorite - I make this all the time!"