Easy Elephant Ears Recipe
You’ll love the classic cinnamon-sugar flavor of these crispy bite-size treats. Even more, you’ll love that they call for just three ingredients and are so simple to assemble. —Bob Rose, Waukesha, Wisconsin
- 1 package (17.3 ounces) frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1. Preheat oven to 375°. On a lightly floured surface, roll one sheet of puff pastry into an 11x8-in. rectangle. Combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle half of mixture over pastry.
- 2. Working from the short sides, roll up dough jelly-roll style toward the center. With a sharp knife, cut roll into 1/2-in. slices. Place on parchment paper-lined baking sheets. Repeat with remaining pastry and sugar mixture.
- 3. Bake 12-15 minutes or until crisp and golden brown. Remove from pans to wire racks. Yield: about 2-1/2 dozen.
1 elephant ear equals 87 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 51 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC