Easy Egg Rolls
I've always loved egg rolls, but every recipe I saw seemed too complicated. So I decided to start with a packaged coleslaw mix. Now I can make these yummy treats at a moment's notice.Samantha Dunn, Leesville, Louisiana
20 ServingsPrep: 30 min. Cook: 30 min.
- 1 pound ground beef, cooked and drained
- 1 package (14 ounces) coleslaw mix
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- Onion powder to taste
- 40 egg roll wrappers
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- Vegetable oil for frying
- In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Place a heaping
- tablespoonful of beef mixture in the center of one egg roll wrapper.
- (Keep remaining wrappers covered with a damp paper towel until ready
- to use.) Fold bottom corner over filling. Fold sides toward center
- over filling.
- In a small bowl, combine flour and enough water to make a paste.
- Moisten top corner with paste; roll up tightly to seal. Repeat. In
- an electric skillet, heat 1 in. of oil to 375°. Fry egg rolls
- for 3-5 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 40 egg rolls.
Wine: Medium-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer