- 1 pound ground beef, cooked and drained
- 1 package (14 ounces) coleslaw mix
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- Onion powder to taste
- 40 egg roll wrappers
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- Vegetable oil for frying
- In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Place a heaping tablespoonful of beef mixture in the center of one egg roll wrapper. (Keep remaining wrappers covered with a damp paper towel until ready to use.) Fold bottom corner over filling. Fold sides toward center over filling.
- In a small bowl, combine flour and enough water to make a paste. Moisten top corner with paste; roll up tightly to seal. Repeat. In an electric skillet, heat 1 in. of oil to 375°. Fry egg rolls for 3-5 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 40 egg rolls.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Easy Egg Rolls
"This is a great, easy recipe, and you can substitute ingredients to your taste. I added a little teriyaki, some water chestnuts, and sesame oil. Delicious! Packaged cole slaw is a winner."
"my family love this.."
"I subsituted half hamburger & half sausage plus cut up from celery fine. Even the grandkids gave it a thumbs up."
"I added some bean sprouts that had been marinated in honey garlic sauce and used cut up shrimp instead of beef The best I have ever had including at a chinese restaurant"