Easy Egg Drop Soup
Egg drop soup is a must when my family eats Chinese food. With my simplified at-home version, my boys can enjoy it whenever they want. —Jona Bleskin, Great Falls, Montana
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ancho chili pepper
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 4 eggs
- 2 tablespoons water
- In a large saucepan, combine the broth, ginger, mustard and chili
- pepper. Bring to a boil. Combine cornstarch and cold water until
- smooth; gradually stir into the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir
- for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Whisk eggs and water. Turn off the heat. Drizzle beaten eggs into hot
- broth, without stirring. Let stand for 2-3 minutes or until eggs are
- set. Remove from the heat and stir. Yield: 6 servings.