Egg drop soup is a must when my family eats Chinese food. With my simplified at-home version, my boys can enjoy it whenever they want. —Jona Bleskin, Great Falls, Montana
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ancho chili pepper
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 4 eggs
- 2 tablespoons water
- In a large saucepan, combine the broth, ginger, mustard and chili pepper. Bring to a boil. Combine cornstarch and cold water until smooth; gradually stir into the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Whisk eggs and water. Turn off the heat. Drizzle beaten eggs into hot broth, without stirring. Let stand for 2-3 minutes or until eggs are set. Remove from the heat and stir. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Ginger Egg Drop Soup in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2012, p96
Reviews for Easy Egg Drop Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review