Easy Double-Decker Fudge
Microwave-quick and peanut buttery, this easy fudge is just the thing to have on hand for after-school treats or dessert. And don’t forget about it for your cookie plates at the holidays. —Sherri Melotik, Oak Creek, Wisconsin
64 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 cup peanut butter chips
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk, divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, divided
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- Line an 8-in. square pan with foil; butter foil and set aside.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine peanut butter chips and 2/3 cup
- milk. Microwave on high for 1 minute; stir. Microwave at additional
- 15-second intervals, stirring until smooth. Stir in 1/2 teaspoon
- vanilla. Pour into prepared pan. Refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a microwave-safe bowl combine chocolate chips and
- remaining milk. Microwave on high for 1 minute; stir. Microwave at
- additional 15-seconds intervals, stirring until smooth. Stir in
- remaining vanilla. Spread over peanut butter layer.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour or until firm. Using foil, remove fudge from
- pan. Cut into 1-in. squares. Yield: about 1-1/2 pounds.
Nutritional Facts: 1 piece equals 47 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 15 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1/2 starch.