Microwave-quick and peanut buttery, this easy fudge is just the thing to have on hand for after-school treats or dessert. And don’t forget about it for your cookie plates at the holidays. —Sherri Melotik, Oak Creek, Wisconsin
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 cup peanut butter chips
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk, divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, divided
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- Line an 8-in. square pan with foil; butter foil and set aside.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine peanut butter chips and 2/3 cup milk. Microwave on high for 1 minute; stir. Microwave at additional 15-second intervals, stirring until smooth. Stir in 1/2 teaspoon vanilla. Pour into prepared pan. Refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a microwave-safe bowl combine chocolate chips and remaining milk. Microwave on high for 1 minute; stir. Microwave at additional 15-seconds intervals, stirring until smooth. Stir in remaining vanilla. Spread over peanut butter layer.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour or until firm. Using foil, remove fudge from pan. Cut into 1-in. squares. Yield: about 1-1/2 pounds.
Originally published as Double-Decker Fudge in Simple & Delicious August/September 2010, p37
Reviews for Easy Double-Decker Fudge
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review