Easy-Does-It Spaghetti Recipe
This savory spaghetti sauce is a nice change from some of the sweeter store-bought varieties. With fresh bread and a green salad, you have a complete meal. - Genevieve Hrabe, Plainville, Kansas
- 2 pounds ground beef, cooked and drained
- 1 can (46 ounces) tomato juice
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 can (8 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 2 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon each ground allspice, mace and pepper
- 1 package (7 ounces) spaghetti, broken in half
- 1. In a 5-qt. slow cooker, combine the beef, tomato juice, tomato sauce, mushrooms and seasonings. Cover and cook on high for 4-5 hours.
- 2. Stir in spaghetti. Cover and cook 1 hour longer or until spaghetti is tender. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC