This savory spaghetti sauce is a nice change from some of the sweeter store-bought varieties. With fresh bread and a green salad, you have a complete meal. - Genevieve Hrabe, Plainville, Kansas
6-8 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Cook: 5 hours
- 2 pounds ground turkey or beef, cooked and drained
- 1 can (46 ounces) tomato juice
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 can (8 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 2 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon each ground allspice, mace and pepper
- 1 package (7 ounces) spaghetti, broken in half
- In a 5-qt. slow cooker, combine the beef, tomato juice, tomato sauce,
- mushrooms and seasonings. Cover and cook on high for 4-5 hours.
- Stir in spaghetti. Cover and cook 1 hour longer or until spaghetti is
- tender. Yield: 6-8 servings.
If you have a little extra preparation time, substitute 1/2 cup chopped onion for the dried minced onion in Easy-Does-It-Spaghetti.
Wine: Full-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.