Easy-Does-It Spaghetti Recipe
- 2 pounds ground beef, cooked and drained
- 1 can (46 ounces) tomato juice
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 can (8 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 2 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon each ground allspice, mace and pepper
- 1 package (7 ounces) spaghetti, broken in half
- 1. In a 5-qt. slow cooker, combine the beef, tomato juice, tomato sauce, mushrooms and seasonings. Cover and cook on high for 4-5 hours.
- 2. Stir in spaghetti. Cover and cook 1 hour longer or until spaghetti is tender. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for Easy-Does-It Spaghetti
"I haven't made this yet, but have a question for those who have - Did you add the full 2 teaspoons of salt to this recipe? I just made homemade spaghetti sauce tonight (another Taste of Home recipe), and only added 1/2 teaspoon. I love salt and don't do low-sodium, but that seems like way too much."
"This has become my go-to recipe for slow cooker spaghetti. You can do all sorts of things with it as far as additions. I am going to make it tomorrow and add a bell pepper, some real onion and two cans of mushrooms because my wife and I like them. It has my vote and I will make it may times to come."
"Husband was a fan, I was not. I prefer chunky spaghetti sauces with lots of veggies. But it was super easy to make!~ Theresa"
"This is really easy and it tastes fantastic! I was a little hesitant about the seasonings, but they work well with it. I did use fresh onion and garlic, but that was the only things I changed. The whole family loved it and I will definitely be making it again.Have made this multiple times now. It is my go to spaghetti dish during the work week. I also make a vegetarian version. Just leave out the meat and saute fresh veggies to throw in instead. I used carrots, celery, onion, green peppers, and mushrooms. Delicious 1"
"jÈai faite unefoiscetterecetteetmafamilleatrouvercabon"
"I would probably change the spices next time, but the thing I appreciated most about this recipe is that you cook the pasta in the crock pot without dirtying another pot on the stove. The tomato juice provides the moisture you need but it isn't runny by the time you are done. Thanks for teaching me a new cooking technique!"
"Surprisingly, this is VERY GOOD! I did change the herbs/spices to garlic, oregano & basil though. I served with shredded cheddar on top."
"This is a great recipe. It is great for ppeople who are not home donig the day you can put it in the slow cooker in the morning and when you come home dinner is ready. Thanks for the recipe."
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.