Easy-Does-It Fruitcake Recipe
These miniature loaves are chock-full of tempting fruit and nuts. The glaze makes them extra moist and tasty. They are wonderful to give as gifts and fun to serve to holiday guests. -Romaine Wetzel, Ronks, Pennsylvania
- 3 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour, divided
- 1 pound chopped candied fruit
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) pitted dates, chopped
- 1 package (15 ounces) raisins
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup chopped pecans or almonds
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/4 cups packed brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- In large bowl, combine 1/4 cup flour, candied fruit, dates, raisins and nuts; toss until well coated; set aside.
- In another large bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Combine the baking soda, salt, cinnamon, cloves and remaining flour; gradually add to creamed mixture alternately with orange juice, beating well after each addition. Stir in fruit and nut mixture; mix well.
- Spoon into five greased 5-3/4-in. x 3-in. x 2-in. baking pans (pans will be full). Bake at 325° for 1 hour. Cover with foil; bake 10-15 minutes longer or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.
- In a small bowl, combine glaze ingredients until smooth. With a pastry brush, brush glaze over warm loaves. Cool completely. Yield: 5 loaves (8 slices each).
Originally published as Easy-Does-It Fruitcake in Taste of Home December/January 2002, p39
Reviews for Easy-Does-It Fruitcake(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Nov. 28, 2010
Followed the instructions to the letter, and it was very dry. definately not worth the time or money to make it.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Almond Recipes >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cake Recipes >