Easy Divan Chicken
Like all farm wives, I'm always on the go, so I often reach for the easy yet elegant recipe. What a great way to combine two great foods—chicken and broccoli!
4 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen broccoli spears, thawed and drained
- 3 chicken breast halves, cooked and sliced
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of broccoli soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon butter, melted
- 1/4 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- Place broccoli spears in a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Top with
- chicken. Combine soup, mayonnaise and lemon juice; spread over
- chicken. Toss butter and bread crumbs; add cheese. Sprinkle over
- sauce. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until
- bubbly. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts:Diabetic Exchanges: One serving (prepared with light mayonnaise, margarine and low-fat cheese) equals 3 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1 starch; also, 311 calories, 510 mg sodium, 65 mg cholesterol, 15 gm carbohydrate, 25 gm protein, 13 gm fat.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.