Like all farm wives, I'm always on the go, so I often reach for the easy yet elegant recipe. What a great way to combine two great foods—chicken and broccoli!
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen broccoli spears, thawed and drained
- 3 chicken breast halves, cooked and sliced
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of broccoli soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon butter, melted
- 1/4 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- Place broccoli spears in a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Top with chicken. Combine soup, mayonnaise and lemon juice; spread over chicken. Toss butter and bread crumbs; add cheese. Sprinkle over sauce. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Chicken Divan in Country Chicken Cookbook 1995, p77
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Easy Divan Chicken
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review