Easy Deviled Eggs
This recipe comes from the Durbin Inn, a well-known restaurant in Rushville, Indiana from the 1920s until it closed in the late '70s. The eggs are delicious, and it's easy to make more for larger gatherings.
-Margaret Sanders, Indianapolis, Indiana
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 6 hard-cooked eggs
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Slice eggs in half lengthwise; remove yolks and set whites aside. In
- a small bowl, mash yolks with a fork. Add the mayonnaise, sugar,
- vinegar, mustard and salt; mix well. Stuff or pipe into egg whites.
- Sprinkle with paprika. Refrigerate until serving.
- Yield: 1 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 2 egg halves equals equals 114 calories, 9 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 214 mg cholesterol, 293 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 6 g protein.