Easy Deviled Eggs
This recipe comes from the Durbin Inn, a well-known restaurant in Rushville, Indiana from the 1920s until it closed in the late '70s. The eggs are delicious, and it's easy to make more for larger gatherings.
—Margaret Sanders, Indianapolis, Indiana
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 6 hard-cooked eggs
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Slice eggs in half lengthwise; remove yolks and set whites aside. In
- a small bowl, mash yolks with a fork. Add the mayonnaise, sugar,
- vinegar, mustard and salt; mix well. Stuff or pipe into egg whites.
- Sprinkle with paprika. Refrigerate until serving.
- Yield: 1 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 2 egg halves equals equals 114 calories, 9 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 214 mg cholesterol, 293 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 6 g protein.