Easy Curried Shrimp Recipe
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup light coconut milk
- 1 pound uncooked large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/3 cup chopped dried apricots
- 2 cups hot cooked brown rice
- 1. In a large skillet, melt butter. Add the curry, cumin, salt, garlic powder, coriander and cinnamon; cook over medium heat until lightly browned. Stir in coconut milk. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 3-4 minutes or until thickened.
- 2. Add shrimp; cook and stir for 2-4 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Stir in apricots; heat through. Serve with rice. Yield: 4 servings.
2/3 cup shrimp with 1/2 cup rice equals 309 calories, 10 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 145 mg cholesterol, 316 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 21 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch, 1 fat.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.