I like to serve this dish with grapes or green veggies for added color. It's also nice with dried coconut or pineapple instead of apricots. —Dona Stone, Clearwater, Florida
Recommended: 25 Favorite Thai Recipes
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup light coconut milk
- 1 pound uncooked large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/3 cup chopped dried apricots
- 2 cups hot cooked brown rice
- In a large skillet, melt butter. Add the curry, cumin, salt, garlic powder, coriander and cinnamon; cook over medium heat until lightly browned. Stir in coconut milk. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 3-4 minutes or until thickened.
- Add shrimp; cook and stir for 2-4 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Stir in apricots; heat through. Serve with rice. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Easy Curried Shrimp in Healthy Cooking August/September 2012, p50
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Easy Curried Shrimp
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review