When I serve these refreshing sandwiches at ladies' luncheons and potlucks, the platter is always emptied. They are so simple to prepare that you'll find yourself making them often. —Veronica Smith, Donnelly, Minnesota
Recommended: 17 Green Foods to Celebrate St. Patrick's Day
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 teaspoons Italian salad dressing mix
- 1 loaf (16 ounces) snack rye bread
- 2 large cucumbers, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh dill or 2 teaspoons dill weed
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese and salad dressing mix until smooth. Spread on one side of each slice of bread. Top with cucumber slice and sprinkle with dill. Top with remaining bread slices. Serve immediately. Yield: about 3-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Cucumber Party Sandwiches in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2002, p202
Reviews for Easy Cucumber Party Sandwiches
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 20, 2009
"I also add 2 tablespoons mayonnaise and a dash of Tabasco Sauce. And garnish with paprika."