Easy Cuban Picadillo for Two
“My girlfriend gave me this delicious recipe years ago. I’ve made it ever since. Everyone who tries it absolutely loves it.”
Marie Wielgus - Wayne, NJ
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1/2 small green pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup sliced pimiento-stuffed olives
- 2 tablespoons raisins
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1 cup hot cooked rice
- In a small nonstick skillet, cook the beef, pepper and onion over
- medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the tomato
- sauce, olives, raisins and vinegar. Cook for 5-6 minutes or until
- raisins are plumped. Serve with rice. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup picadillo with 1/2 cup rice equals 355 calories, 12 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 56 mg cholesterol, 716 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 25 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1-1/2 starch, 1 vegetable, 1 fat, 1/2 fruit.