“My girlfriend gave me this delicious recipe years ago. I’ve made it ever since for family and friends, and they all love it. My daughter says it’s the best dish I make and loves to take leftovers to school for lunch the next day.” —Marie Wielgus, Wayne, New Jersey
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup sliced pimiento-stuffed olives
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 2 cups hot cooked rice
- In a large nonstick skillet, cook the beef, pepper and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the tomato sauce, olives, raisins and vinegar. Cook for 5-6 minutes or until raisins are plumped. Serve with rice. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Easy Cuban Picadillo in Healthy Cooking October/November 2009, p57
Reviews for Easy Cuban Picadillo
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review