Easy Cuban Picadillo Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup sliced pimiento-stuffed olives
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 2 cups hot cooked rice
- In a large nonstick skillet, cook the beef, pepper and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the tomato sauce, olives, raisins and vinegar. Cook for 5-6 minutes or until raisins are plumped. Serve with rice. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Easy Cuban Picadillo
Sort By :
Very good! I don't know why I was afraid to make this for years!
Tried this for the first time yesterday. Loved it. I added a little garlic powder and crushed red pepper flakes. Served it with brown rice. Will definitely make this again.
Loved it! Definitely a keeper to make over and over again!
This is a great recipe to add to rotation. Debated about adding the raisins, but glad I did, very tasty. I don't digest green peppers well so I didn't add them, and I didn't think to add different color peppers as previous users. I tasted the mixer once ready, but I added the following: a pinch or 1/4 tsp of cumin, a packet of clear Sazon, then some cracked pepper, & sea salt (didn't add as much olives as recipe called for). Taste was even more enhanced. I also added a half a (tomato) can or 4oz. of water to loosen up the gravy a bit. Since we had rice yesterday, I accompanied this mix with real mashed potatoes. I served it sort of shephard pie style, just not baked. I'm thinking of making this with mashed yuca next time, yummy. Husband loved this new recipe :)
This is one of our favorites now. The flavor combination of the olives and raisens sounded odd to me, but it is actually quite good. I also add colored peppers and usually serve it with brown rice.
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >