Easy Crescent Rolls Recipe
I learned to cook and bake under my mother's fantastic guidance. She always treated the family to home-baked bread and I've learned to do the same.
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) Red Star® Platinum Superior Baking Yeast™
- 1 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 3 eggs
- 4 to 4-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1. In a small bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. In a small bowl, beat eggs until a light lemon color. Add to yeast mixture; set aside.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine 1 cup flour, sugar and salt. Cut in shortening until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in yeast mixture. Stir in enough remaining flour until dough leaves the side of the bowl and is soft (dough will be sticky). Do not knead. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- 3. Punch dough down. Turn onto a well-floured surface; divide into thirds. Roll each into a 12-in. circle; cut each circle into 12 wedges. Roll up wedges from wide end and place with pointed end down 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Curve ends to form a crescent shape. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 45 minutes.
- 4. Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until light golden brown. Remove from pans to wire racks. Yield: 3 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 93 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 18 mg cholesterol, 71 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC