Easy Crescent Roll Cherry Tarts Recipe
- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup canned cherry pie filling
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1. Place crescent dough on a lightly floured surface; seal seams and perforations. Cut into 24 pieces; press onto the bottoms and up the sides of greased miniature muffin cups.
- 2. In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and confectioners' sugar until smooth. Place about 1/2 teaspoon in each cup. Combine pie filling and extract; place about 2 teaspoons in each cup.
- 3. Bake at 375° for 12-14 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 2 dozen.
2 each: 134 calories, 7g fat (3g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 173mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (9g sugars, trace fiber), 2g protein
Reviews for Easy Crescent Roll Cherry Tarts
"love this one. delicious cold or from the oven warm. hint: use the cherry can as your mixing bowl and save yourself from washing a dish. use the measuring spoons to spoon the ingredients into the cups. I use one to scrape the cream cheese off the other spoon and then as I smear it into the bottom of the cup shaped dough I use the other spoon the keep the dough in the cup. it tends to move around on you. enjoy and good luck making any that last more than 5 seconds! #kids&husbands #thieves"
"This has become a family favorite for all get togethers"
"Next time I'll use regular muffin tins -- the mini muffin tins overflowed too much and the cherries slide off. Tasty, but didn't look as presentable as the photo."
"I made these and changed a few things... I won second places in a cook off with these!!!I used Phyllo Cups insyead of crescents. I added Brie Cheese to cream mixture to cut the sweetness. And I used Fresh Strawberries instead of cherries.SusanThanks!!!"