Easy Crescent Roll Cherry Tarts
Refrigerated crescent rolls simplify preparation of these delightful cherry bites. "I cut the dough into circles with a small juice glass," notes Frances Poste of Wall, South Dakota.
12 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 15 min. + cooling
- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup canned cherry pie filling
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- Place crescent dough on a lightly floured surface; seal seams and
- perforations. Cut into 24 pieces; press onto the bottoms and up the
- sides of greased miniature muffin cups.
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and confectioners' sugar until
- smooth. Place about 1/2 teaspoon in each cup. Combine pie filling
- and extract; place about 2 teaspoons in each cup.
- Bake at 375° for 12-14 minutes or until edges are lightly
- browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. Refrigerate until serving.
- Yield: 2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 134 calories, 7 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 173 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.