Refrigerated crescent rolls simplify preparation of these delightful cherry bites. "I cut the dough into circles with a small juice glass," notes Frances Poste of Wall, South Dakota.
- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup canned cherry pie filling
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- Place crescent dough on a lightly floured surface; seal seams and perforations. Cut into 24 pieces; press onto the bottoms and up the sides of greased miniature muffin cups.
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and confectioners' sugar until smooth. Place about 1/2 teaspoon in each cup. Combine pie filling and extract; place about 2 teaspoons in each cup.
- Bake at 375° for 12-14 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Easy Cherry Tarts in Quick Cooking May/June 2002, p8
Reviews for Easy Crescent Roll Cherry Tarts
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review