Easy Creamy Chicken Enchiladas Recipe
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 5-1/2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 to 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 12 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- 1-1/2 cups (12 ounces each) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1. In a large skillet, saute onion, green pepper and jalapeno in oil until onion in tender. Stir in chicken. Remove from the heat; set aside.
- 2. For sauce, melt butter in a saucepan. Stir in flour until smooth. Add broth, cumin, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened and bubbly. Remove from the heat; stir in sour cream. Add 1 cup on the sauce to chicken mixture. Spoon 1/2 cup chicken mixture on each tortilla; roll up and place seam side down in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Pour remaining sauce over enchiladas.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 15 minutes or until sauce is bubble. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake 5-10 minutes longer. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 850 calories, 41 g fat (18 g saturated fat), 186 mg cholesterol, 1,718 mg sodium, 59 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 56 g protein.
Reviews for Easy Creamy Chicken Enchiladas
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.