Easy Cranberry Pie
"AS A SPECIAL TREAT when making this pie, Mom would sometimes place a marshmallow in the center of each lattice square, or, in honor of the Christmas tree we had just brought home, she'd cut Christmas tree shapes from the pie dough and place them on top of the pie."
6-8 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 50 min.
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- Pastry for double-crust pie (9 inches)
- In a large bowl, combine the cranberry sauce, brown sugar and butter.
- Line pie plate with bottom pastry; add filling.
- Top with a lattice crust. Bake at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until
- the crust is lightly browned. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Editor's Note: For festively decorated pie, use a cookie cutter to cut out Christmas tree shapes from the top pastry instead of using a lattice crust. Place the dough shapes on an ungreased baking sheet and bake at 350° for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown. Cool slightly; arrange on top of baked pie.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 372 calories, 17 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 18 mg cholesterol, 244 mg sodium, 54 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.