Easy Cranberry Orange Bread Recipe
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 3/4 cup chopped fresh or frozen cranberries, thawed
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. In another bowl, combine the orange juice, egg substitute, oil and orange peel; mix well. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in cranberries.
- 2. Pour into an 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 55-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 1 loaf (12 slices).
1 slice: 212 calories, 7g fat (1g saturated fat), 0.550mg cholesterol, 138mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein Diabetic Exchanges:2 starch, 1 fat
Reviews for Easy Cranberry Orange Bread
"I am anxious to try this one!"