Slices of this citrusy bread are scrumptious for breakfast. I've adapted the recipe over the years to fit my needs as a diabetic.—Doris Heath, Franklin, North Carolina
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 3/4 cup chopped fresh or frozen cranberries, thawed
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. In another bowl, combine the orange juice, egg substitute, oil and orange peel; mix well. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in cranberries.
- Pour into an 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 55-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 1 loaf (12 slices).
Originally published as Cranberry Orange Bread in Country Woman January/February 2002, p37
Reviews for Easy Cranberry Orange Bread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Dec. 16, 2008
"I am anxious to try this one!"