Easy Cranberry Nut Dessert Recipe
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- Whipped cream or ice cream, optional
- 1. In a bowl, combine the flour, sugar and salt. Add cranberries and nuts; toss to coat. Stir in the butter, eggs and extract (mixture will be very thick if using frozen berries). Spread into a greased 9-in. pie plate.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Serve warm with whipped cream or ice cream if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
1 each: 333 calories, 17g fat (8g saturated fat), 84mg cholesterol, 206mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (27g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein.
Reviews for Easy Cranberry Nut Dessert
"I have been making this dessert since it first appeared on the cover of Taste of Home in the Dec\Jan issue 1996. Whenever I serve it it is a huge success and everyone asks for the recipe"