Easy Cranberry Nut Dessert Recipe
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- Whipped cream or ice cream, optional
- In a bowl, combine the flour, sugar and salt. Add cranberries and nuts; toss to coat. Stir in the butter, eggs and extract (mixture will be very thick if using frozen berries). Spread into a greased 9-in. pie plate.
- Bake at 350° for 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Serve warm with whipped cream or ice cream if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Easy Cranberry Nut Dessert(3)
Sort By :
A family favorite, its a one bowl recipe. I always add 1 tsp of vanilla and pumpkin pie spice. Easy to make after a long day at work. I found if you put it in the refrig overnight, the next day it has hints of a cheesecake.
I thought this was just okay. Yes, it was easy. It reminded me of a giant sugar cookie with cranberries. I baked it for an hour. My toothpick just didn't want to come out clean.
I have been making this dessert since it first appeared on the cover of Taste of Home in the Dec\Jan issue 1996. Whenever I serve it it is a huge success and everyone asks for the recipe