Easy Cranberry Meatballs Recipe
This is a versatile recipe to be used either as a main dish or as an appetizer. You simply adjust the size of the meatballs. I like to serve it during the holidays as an appetizer. It works well to curb appetites while your guests await the main meal. -Frances Venator, Ottumwa, Iowa
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 pound ground pork
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup crushed saltines (about 15 crackers)
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1. In a bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Shape into 1-in. meatballs. Place meatballs on a greased rack in a shallow baking pan. Bake at 400° for 15 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°; drain.
- 2. Meanwhile, combine the cranberry sauce, soup and mustard in a large saucepan. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; add the meatballs. Simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes. Yield: 5 dozen.
3 each: 158 calories, 7g fat (3g saturated fat), 51mg cholesterol, 401mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 1g fiber), 10g protein.
Reviews for Easy Cranberry Meatballs
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC