Easy Cranberry Chicken Recipe
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3 to 4 pounds), cut up
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 1 can (14 ounces) whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1 cup bottled barbecue sauce
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper; brown in a skillet in butter. Remove the chicken to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. In the drippings, saute onion and celery until tender. Add cranberry sauce and barbecue sauce; mix well. Pour over chicken. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1-1/2 hours, basting every 15 minutes. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Easy Cranberry Chicken(9)
Sort By :
I tried to give this recipe a 5 Star Rating when I left my review but it wouldn't let me. So I am back , This is a great recipe it taste great , looks great and is easy to make.
I make it a least once a month.
This was very good , easy to make, great tasting sauce. I served it with corn bread and green beans.
Oh my goodness ...it was the best . Wanted to fix something different that I could make looking nice on the plate for my hard working babe. He loved it and all I heard was mmmmm,this gd mmmmm lol. Fixed it with rice and fresh veggies . All I changed was I used hickory BBQ sause instead normal . Just like it sweet ;)
Just wife & I, so I used 2 boneless/skinless half chicken breasts. Used 1 tbls each of butter and oil. The rest of the recipe I followed exactly...we like a lot of sauce. All my wife could say (while eating) was this is really good! We served over brown rice. This is a keeper!
This is a great recipe!! My family loved it.
Here are a few things I differently that might help:
-Add 2 tablespoons of Olive oil to the butter to keep from burning the butter
-Line the pan with foil. This sauce is sticky and covering the chicken makes it very tender!!
I think the next time I will put a cup of rice under the chicken then bake. I will comment on how it turns out.
Hope my tips help!!
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Chicken >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Christmas Dinner Recipes >
- Christmas Main Dish Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Country Woman Dinner Recipes >