Easy Crab Lo Mein
I came up with this one night when I had some leftover spaghetti that I needed to use up," writes Laura Mryyan from Topeka, Kansas. TIP: "When stirring up the sauce, I like to use half soy sauce and half oyster sauce for a richer, more developed flavor," she notes.Laura Mryyan, Topeka, Kansas
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 4 ounces uncooked angel hair pasta or thin spaghetti
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into 1-inch strips
- 1 package (9 ounces) frozen broccoli cuts, thawed
- 1/4 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1-1/4 cups chicken broth
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 12 ounces imitation crabmeat, cut into 1-inch pieces
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large
- skillet or wok, stir-fry the onion, green pepper, broccoli and
- mushrooms in oil for 3-4 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, broth, water and soy sauce
- until smooth. Gradually stir into skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and
- stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in crab; cook 2-3
- minutes longer or until heated through. Drain pasta; toss with crab
- mixture. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 207 calories, 5 g fat (trace saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 1,144 mg sodium,