- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs, divided
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup finely chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 cans (6 ounces each) crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed
- 1 tablespoon butter
- In a large bowl, combine 1/3 cup bread crumbs, green onions, red pepper, egg, mayonnaise, lemon juice, garlic powder and cayenne; fold in crab.
- Place remaining bread crumbs in a shallow bowl. Divide mixture into eight portions; shape into 2-in. balls. Gently coat in bread crumbs and shape into a 1/2-in.-thick patty.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat butter over medium-high heat. Add crab cakes; cook 3-4 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Easy Crab Cakes
Sort By :
"I have available here, fresh crab meat, either the claw, or the lump. So, there is more flavor in the crab meat. However it is a rather delicate taste, and you must be careful to not cancel out the flavor of the crab meat with spices etc. I used cracker crumbs in lieu of the flavored bread crumbs which I never use. Works better for me."
"I'be been using this recipe since it was first published in TOH. My family really likes them and I usually double the recipe so that I have some extra for the freezer to take for lunch. I have also substituted salmon for crab. I do not add Old Bay and do not think much of the ones who run down recipes without ever making them exactly as they are written first. You are not providing a real review and add nothing of value. Anyone can cook from the back of a can."
"Super easy...delicious! I would make it again!"
"I just love it."