- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs, divided
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup finely chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 cans (6 ounces each) crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed
- 1 tablespoon butter
- In a large bowl, combine 1/3 cup bread crumbs, green onions, red pepper, egg, mayonnaise, lemon juice, garlic powder and cayenne; fold in crab.
- Place remaining bread crumbs in a shallow bowl. Divide mixture into eight portions; shape into 2-in. balls. Gently coat in bread crumbs and shape into a 1/2-in.-thick patty.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat butter over medium-high heat. Add crab cakes; cook 3-4 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Easy Crab Cakes
Sort By :
"I just love it."
"Added a scant Amt of old bay seasoning. Otherwise no changes. Entire family loves this quick and easy recipe. Definitely a new favorite"
"Great recipe for crab cakes. Easy to make."
"Loved them! I took the recommendation of another reviewer and used Cajun seasoning in place of the cayenne pepper."
"Best recipe for crab cakes is on the can of Old Bay. Best crab cakes in the world are at the Progress Grill in Harrisburg (PA)."