- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs, divided
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup finely chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 cans (6 ounces each) crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed
- 1 tablespoon butter
- In a large bowl, combine 1/3 cup bread crumbs, green onions, red pepper, egg, mayonnaise, lemon juice, garlic powder and cayenne; fold in crab.
- Place remaining bread crumbs in a shallow bowl. Divide mixture into eight portions; shape into 2-in. balls. Gently coat in bread crumbs and shape into a 1/2-in.-thick patty.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat butter over medium-high heat. Add crab cakes; cook 3-4 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Easy Crab Cakes
Sort By :
"FIVE STARS!! I hate Old Bay seasoning and am so glad to find a recipe that tastes good and doesn't have it. Will make them often."
"Um.......where's the Old Bay????? I'm from Maryland and you KNOW we do crabcakes the best, gotta have some Old Bay in there..........."
"Delicious! DH did have a problem turning them because he didn't use a "hamburger press" as I had suggested. Rather, he just hand formed them. That way they weren't compacted enough to turn easily. Otherwise, the taste was outstanding! Will make them again!"
"I made these and absolutely loved them as did my husband. Shared the recipe with my sister and her family loved them as well. Will be making these time and again!! Sooo good!!5 star rating!"