Easy Cornish Pasties Recipe
These are a bit different from traditional pasties, but the ingredients are probably already on your pantry shelf. My husband really enjoys these, so I like to double the recipe and freeze the extras to have on hand as a quick meal.—Judy Marsden, Ontario, California
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon beef bouillon granules
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup diced peeled potatoes
- 1/2 cup diced carrots
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 2 packages (11 ounces each) pie crust mix
- 1. In a skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add flour, seasoned salt and parsley; stir until well coated. Dissolve bouillon in water; stir into meat mixture. Add potatoes, carrots and onion. Cover and cook over medium heat until vegetables are crisp-tender. Cool.
- 2. Meanwhile, prepare pie crusts according to package directions. On a floured surface, roll each pie crust mixture into a 12-in. square. Cut each square into four 6-in. squares. Place about 1/3 cup meat mixture in center of each square.
- 3. Moisten edges of pastry with water and fold over meat mixture to form a triangle. Press the edges with a fork to seal. Make a 1-in. slit in the top of each triangle. Place on two ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 8 pasties.
1 serving (1 each) equals 289 calories, 18 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 14 mg cholesterol, 521 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 8 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC