- 1 medium onion, cut into wedges
- 4 large red potatoes, quartered
- 1 pound baby carrots
- 3 cups water
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 corned beef brisket with spice packet (2-1/2 to 3 pounds), cut in half
- 1 small head cabbage, cut into wedges
- Place the onion, potatoes and carrots in a 6- to 7-qt. slow cooker. Combine the water, garlic, bay leaf, sugar, vinegar, pepper and contents of spice packet; pour over vegetables. Top with brisket and cabbage.
- Cover and cook on low for 8-9 hours or until meat and vegetables are tender. Discard bay leaf before serving. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for Easy Corned Beef and Cabbage
"So Yummy!!! Worth the tad bit of work to make it. Just make sure you have a sharp knife on hand to cut the beef in half. :D"
"A nice wa y to prepare if you have a little time in the morning and not in the afternoon. Very tasty."
"I make this using all the same ingredients but cook it in the oven. I guess I 'm " old school " not growing up w/ a crock pot. Delicious!!"
"I use a bottle of Kilt Lifter Beer as the liquid cooking meat on low for 7 hours. Remove meat from crockpot, wrap in aluminum foil and keep warm. Move cooking liquid to a large stock pot, add carrots and potatoes, bring to boil and cook until almost done. Add quartered cabbage and cook until soft but not mushy. I prefer to chop cabbage and cook in skillet with sliced onion and diced bacon until done. Slice meat and serve with cooked potatoes and carrots. Serve cabbage in separate dish."
"This recipe was awful. It lacked flavor. The vegetables were mushy & the meat was dry and tough."
"I didn't have any cabbage, just dumped in a one pound bag of baby carrots and peeled and chunked up some russets. I had the crockpot on low for several hours then switched to high to cut a couple hours of cooking time. Was super easy and tasty."
"This was good. It is salty though. I made it without the cider vinegar because I didn't have any. I followed the review suggestions and took some of the broth out of the crockpot and used that to boil the cabbage by its self. We really liked it that way."
"this is an excellent recipe for CB&C. Throw everything in a crock pot in the morning and enjoy a delicious meal in the evening. i only used 1/2 head of cabbage cut into 6 wedges since that was all that would fit in the crockpot."
"This was amazing! I cooked it for 6 and 1/2 hours. Meat was very tender. This was the first time I ever cooked corned beef. Will do again."
"Easy and delicious. I added the cabbage about 30 minutes at the end of the cooking time. It turned out perfect."