Easy Corned Beef 'n' Cabbage
"I've been making this meal for more than 40 years," remarks Ruth Warner of Wheat Ridge, Colorado. "It is so easy and so delicious. It's especially good served with a salad of peaches and cottage cheese."
4-6 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Cook: 45 min.
- 4 cups water
- 1 corned beef brisket with spice packet (2 pounds)
- 1 medium head cabbage, cut into 8 wedges
- 2 large red potatoes, cut into 2-inch chunks
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 4 large carrots, cut into 2-inch chunks
- 1 medium onion, cut into 2-inch pieces
- In a 6-qt. pressure cooker, combine water and contents of corned beef
- seasoning packet; add beef. Close cover securely; place pressure
- regulator on vent pipe. Bring cooker to full pressure over high
- heat. Reduce heat to medium-high and cook for 45 minutes. (Pressure
- regulator should maintain a slow steady rocking motion; adjust heat
- if needed.)
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, combine the cabbage, potatoes and
- broth. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10
- minutes. Add carrots and onion. Cover and simmer 20-25 minutes
- longer or until vegetables are tender; drain.
- Remove pressure cooker from the heat; allow pressure to drop on its
- own. Remove beef to a serving platter. Discard cooking liquid.
- Serve beef with cabbage, potatoes, carrots and onion. Yield: 4-6