"I've been making this meal for more than 40 years," remarks Ruth Warner of Wheat Ridge, Colorado. "It is so easy and so delicious. It's especially good served with a salad of peaches and cottage cheese."
- 4 cups water
- 1 corned beef brisket with spice packet (2 pounds)
- 1 medium head cabbage, cut into 8 wedges
- 2 large red potatoes, cut into 2-inch chunks
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 4 large carrots, cut into 2-inch chunks
- 1 medium onion, cut into 2-inch pieces
- In a 6-qt. pressure cooker, combine water and contents of corned beef seasoning packet; add beef. Close cover securely; place pressure regulator on vent pipe. Bring cooker to full pressure over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-high and cook for 45 minutes. (Pressure regulator should maintain a slow steady rocking motion; adjust heat if needed.)
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, combine the cabbage, potatoes and broth. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Add carrots and onion. Cover and simmer 20-25 minutes longer or until vegetables are tender; drain.
- Remove pressure cooker from the heat; allow pressure to drop on its own. Remove beef to a serving platter. Discard cooking liquid. Serve beef with cabbage, potatoes, carrots and onion. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Originally published as Corned Beef N Cabbage in Quick Cooking January/February 2004, p61
Reviews for Easy Corned Beef 'n' Cabbage
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Mar. 3, 2011
"I would like to know what a spices are in the spice packet?Thanks very muchBellie"
Reviewed Mar. 15, 2010
"This was good but, i was wondering can you bake this in the oven?"
Reviewed Mar. 13, 2009
"Can this be done is a slow cooker instead?"
Reviewed Mar. 12, 2009
"cook Beef for 20 min-cool cookerunder cold water to reduce pressure. add veg & cook 15 min"