Easy Corn Chowder Recipe
When I was growing up, my grandfather would often serve steaming bowls of corn chowder. I tried to capture that wonderful flavor and came up with this recipe.
- 4 cups water
- 4 cups diced peeled potatoes
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) cream-style corn
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 2 cups chopped fully cooked ham
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1-1/4 cups milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 6 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1. In a soup kettle or Dutch oven, combine the first five ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 12-15 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Add corn, soup, ham, mushrooms, milk, salt and pepper; heat through, stirring occasionally. Stir in bacon just before serving. Yield: 12-14 servings (about 3 quarts).
1 cup: 197 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 20mg cholesterol, 895mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 9g protein.
Reviews for Easy Corn Chowder
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC