Easy Colorful Bean Salad
Green beans and roasted sweet red peppers make this an attractive side dish for Christmas. The mild blend of seasonings would pair well with many meals.
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 3/4 pound fresh green beans, trimmed
- 2-1/4 cups canned white kidney or cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup julienned roasted sweet red peppers
- 3/4 cup pitted Greek olives, halved
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- 6 fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place green beans in a steamer basket; place in a large saucepan over
- 1 in. of water. Bring to a boil; cover and steam for 5-6 minutes or
- until crisp-tender. Cool.
- In a large bowl, combine the green beans, kidney beans, red peppers
- and olives. In a small bowl, combine the oil, lemon juice, basil,
- salt and pepper. Pour over bean mixture; toss to coat. Serve at room
- temperature. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 202 calories, 12 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 439 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 5 g protein.