Easy Colorful Bean Salad Recipe
Green beans and roasted sweet red peppers make this an attractive side dish for Christmas. The mild blend of seasonings would pair well with many meals.
- 3/4 pound fresh green beans, trimmed
- 2-1/4 cups canned white kidney or cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup julienned roasted sweet red peppers
- 3/4 cup pitted Greek olives, halved
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- 6 fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1. Place green beans in a steamer basket; place in a large saucepan over 1 in. of water. Bring to a boil; cover and steam for 5-6 minutes or until crisp-tender. Cool.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the green beans, kidney beans, red peppers and olives. In a small bowl, combine the oil, lemon juice, basil, salt and pepper. Pour over bean mixture; toss to coat. Serve at room temperature. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 202 calories, 12 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 439 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 5 g protein.
Reviews for Easy Colorful Bean Salad
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC