Easy Colorful Bean Salad Recipe
Green beans and roasted sweet red peppers make this an attractive side dish for Christmas. The mild blend of seasonings would pair well with many meals.
- 3/4 pound fresh green beans, trimmed
- 2-1/4 cups canned white kidney or cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup julienned roasted sweet red peppers
- 3/4 cup pitted Greek olives, halved
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- 6 fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place green beans in a steamer basket; place in a large saucepan over 1 in. of water. Bring to a boil; cover and steam for 5-6 minutes or until crisp-tender. Cool.
- In a large bowl, combine the green beans, kidney beans, red peppers and olives. In a small bowl, combine the oil, lemon juice, basil, salt and pepper. Pour over bean mixture; toss to coat. Serve at room temperature. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Colorful Bean Salad in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2007, p20
Reviews for Easy Colorful Bean Salad(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review