- 1-1/2 pounds medium red potatoes, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 7-1/2 cups chopped cabbage
- 8 green onions, chopped
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat butter
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Place potatoes in a Dutch oven; cover with water. Bring to a boil. Cover and cook over medium heat for 12-15 minutes or until potatoes are almost tender, adding the cabbage during the last 5 minutes of cooking.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine green onions and milk. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5-6 minutes or until onions are soft.
- Drain potato mixture. Mash with milk mixture, butter, salt and pepper. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Easy Colcannon(12)
Sort By :
Made this for St. Patrick's day meal and the family absolutely loved it. Combining the potatoes and cabbage is so much better than preparing them individually. It's a keeper!!
I made this recipe last St. Patrick's Day and will have it on the menu again this year! It was very tasty. I used regular butter and whole milk. A definite St. Patty's Day keeper!
This is so good! I use the leftovers from my traditional St. Pattie's day dinner and add some corned beef cut into bite sized pieces to this Colconnon recipe. Wonderful meal even if I say so myself! LOL!
Easy to make & very good. Going to add just a little less pepper next time.
Very good recipe. Great way to use up cabbage. Creamy and chunky. Will be making again.
More Recipe Collections
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Side Dishes >
- Comfort Food Vegetarian Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Side Dishes >
- Healthy Cooking Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Side Dishes >
- Healthy Cooking Vegetarian Recipes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Irish Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Side Dishes >
- Mashed Potato Recipes >
- Potato Recipes >