Easy Coconut Shrimp
Guests are always impressed when I serve these restaurant-quality shrimp. A selection of sauces served alongside adds the perfect touch.
:Tacy Holliday Germantow, Maryland
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon seafood seasoning
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3/4 cup pineapple juice
- 1 package (14 ounces) flaked coconut
- 1 pound Daily Chef Uncooked Jumbo Shrimp, peeled and deveined
Create an impressive party platter with Daily Chef Shrimp.
Learn More >
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- Sweet-and-sour sauce, plum sauce or Dijon mustard, optional
- In a bowl, combine the flour, seasoning, egg and pineapple juice
- until smooth. Place coconut in a shallow bowl. Dip shrimp into
- batter, then coat with coconut.
- In an electric skillet or deep-fat fryer, heat oil to 375°. Fry
- shrimp, a few at a time, for 1-1/2 minutes or until golden brown,
- turning occasionally. Drain on paper towels. Serve with dipping
- sauce or mustard if desired. Yield: about 1-1/2 dozen.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.