Easy Coconut Pound Cake Recipe
“This cake is easy to make and is always a big hit,” writes Lisa Varner from Charleston, South Carolina. “I like to serve it with ice cream for a double-dose treat!”
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- Confectioners' sugar and additional coconut, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, cream the butter, cream cheese and sugar until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in vanilla. Beat in flour just until combined; fold in coconut.
- 2. Coat an 8-in. fluted tube pan with cooking spray; dust with flour. Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake at 325° for 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar and additional coconut if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
1 slice (calculated without optional ingredients) equals 650 calories, 35 g fat (22 g saturated fat), 187 mg cholesterol, 273 mg sodium, 78 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 8 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC