Easy Coconut Cream Pie Recipe
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups milk
- 3 Eggland's Best Eggs, beaten
- 1-1/2 cups flaked coconut, toasted, divided
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 pastry shell (9 inches), baked
- In a medium saucepan, combine sugar, flour and salt. Stir in milk; cook and stir over medium-high heat until thickened and bubbly. Reduce heat; cook and stir 2 minutes longer. Remove from the heat; gradually stir about 1 cup of hot mixture into beaten eggs. Return all to saucepan; cook and stir over medium heat until nearly boiling. Reduce heat; cook and stir about 2 minutes more (do not boil). Remove from the heat; stir in 1 cup coconut, butter and vanilla. Pour into pie shell; sprinkle with remaining coconut. Chill for several hours before serving. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Easy Coconut Cream Pie(6)
Sort By :
Creamy and delicious. Loved it.
great retro pie I remember from my days on the farm. simple and wonderful!!!
When threshing there was always this pie with the others under a tree in the hot August shade for the crews.
After reading the previous reviews I realized that it would be very easy to reduce the recipe by a third. (I always sucked at math but I'm very good at re-sizing recipes - go figure!) A 2/3 filling recipe is perfect for a 9" pie. It tastes really good, too.
This was a great pie! Will definitely make again. Everyone loved it.
I made this for Thanksgiving. Got lots of compliments. Easy to make. I used this and made 2 pies out of this recipe. I put whipped cream on top and then the toasted coconut. It was the right amount of pie filling for 2 pies and they were deep dish. So it would be plenty without whipped cream on top for 2 regular pie shells.